How To Outsmart Your Boss On Audi G28

How To Outsmart Your Boss On Audi G28

Theodore 0 7 17:26
How to Replace an audi key fob not working G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Charles the Humble Technician teaches you how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. The sensor is located at the edge of transmission just above the flywheel gear. It transmits a signal to the ECU via a grey wire (T55/49) which is then sent to the tachometer in the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

It is located on the outside of the transmission above the flywheel ring gear, the G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends an electrical signal to ECU pin T55/49 using a grey wire. The ECU uses this information to control the amount of fuel and boost. It also sends an indication to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used as a reference to correlate with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu has to know when the crankshaft has reached TDC, and the location of the camshaft to trigger the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails to function, the ECU will display a P00160 error code. This means that the Crank Shaft is out of alignment with the Intake Camshaft. It could also be a sign of a chain stretch or a jumped chain link in the upper timing chain. However, the code won't be displayed on its own without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

Testing can be a bit difficult since there are two connector pins, and they serve different purposes but the most effective way to test it is by measuring resistance between the sensor and the ECU. When the sensor is functional, it should read approximately 1000 ohms. Look for signs of coolant or oil in the connector bay if you are experiencing problems with this part.

2. Injectors

happy-young-woman-with-key-sitting-in-new-car-2022-12-16-21-31-14-utc-min-scaled.jpgYesterday, when i was accelerating to the fullest speed from highway paytoll, i experienced massive power loss like the engine is running out of gas or injectors are not firing at all. In the morning, i removed the spark plugs. Three were soaked with gazoline and the fourth one was dry. I put a piece of tissue over each hole in the injector and when I turn the engine on without sparks, the 3 that have gazoline pop right out. The fourth one remains shut. I tested the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55/30/55/48/55/14/55/48/ I got zero Ohm. I'm assuming the issue is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset PID but without success. The car will start when the G28 is disconnected and it runs perfectly when it is connected but it still is experiencing intermittent misfires at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62), even when it is unplugged, shows an ice temperature of -49c. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar but the actual pressure is zero.

I'm not certain what to do, but i feel i have pretty much eliminated everything else. I'm concerned that i may have missed something. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump of the g28 gets a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is identical to the G4 sender, and both operate on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. You can easily locate a spare in a wrecking shop or a parts store. It is simple to test them - simply put your DMM into resistance mode and determine the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump at the connector end facing upwards). They must be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

Our 20vt turbo (3B AAN, ABY, and ADU) engines are equipped with an ECU that needs to be aware of the speed and position of the crankshaft to make a decision about timing of the fuel injectors, etc. To do this, it uses a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you have a problem with either of these, the diagnostic scanner will display codes that could lead to an engine shut down.

Some of the symptoms of a failed G28 sensor include an inaccurate rev counter for the gearbox, gears shifting quicker than normal and/or a misfire when you are in gear. It is likely that your sensor is failing and needs to be replaced if you encounter any of these symptoms. They are cheap and easy-to-find particularly if they're a Bosch sensor like ours. If you prefer, GM's version of this component is a good option.

5. Tachometer

A faulty engine speed sensor could be a cause for a slew of issues with your vehicle. It's a vital component of your audi replacement key fob's transmission, since it relays information to the ECU about how fast or slow the car's crankshaft is rotating. If the sensor fails, it could cause problems replacement key for audi a3 the transmission as well as the other car's components.

The G5 engine speed sensor is located at the edge of the transmission just above the flywheel ring gear. It sends a signal directly to the ECU at pin T55/49 through a grey wire. The ECU utilizes this signal to control the amount of fuel and boost, as well as timig. It also relays it to the G5 Tachometer in instrument cluster. You can check for sensor failure by examining the continuity of the sensor to the tachometer. Additionally, you can verify continuity between pin T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79]), and between pin T6a/1 as well as pin T26a/12. You should see approximately 1000 ohms of resistance between those two pins. This part is common across the audi replacement key 80-100-200-RS2 model, ranging from the 1985 MC up to the 1997 UrS An and 1995 RS2 Du, so you might find some good ones in wrecking yards.

Comments

Service
등록된 이벤트가 없습니다.
글이 없습니다.
글이 없습니다.
Comment
글이 없습니다.
Banner
등록된 배너가 없습니다.
010-5885-4575
월-금 : 9:30 ~ 17:30, 토/일/공휴일 휴무
점심시간 : 12:30 ~ 13:30